Spiralized veggies as a substitute for pasta is something I’ve spent a lot more time thinking about than I would dare to admit. I mean, why wreck a good thing, and pasta just so happens to be way up there on my list of things that are very, very good That said, my taste buds are in a constant state of war with my body, and while a girl wishes she could down a hearty bowl of pasta on a regular basis with zero repercussions… my food baby that likes to make its appearance at the most inopportune times keeps telling me otherwise.
Introducing the spiralized zucchini trend that you’ve probably already seen entirely way too much of all over the internet. On the plus side, it’s fast and it’s super healthy and I just so happen to really like zucchinis. On the down side… it’s just not pasta. But damn if it doesn’t come close!
What do you guys think about the spiralized veggie trend? Give today’s recipe a try, and let me know what you think!
- 15 oz. spiralized zucchini (if you don't have a spiralizer at home, pick up a couple of these from Whole Foods)
- 2 cups pesto sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp white onions, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 handful grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsbp parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pan, sauté garlic and onions with the olive oil on medium-high heat until lightly caramelized
- Add the pesto sauce, grape tomatoes, seasoning salt and pepper to make the base sauce
- Mix in the spiralized zucchini and toss until the the ingredients are all fully-mixed and sautéed
- Add parmesan for the final touch
- Serve. Bon Appetit!