Affogato: a simple, two-step dessert that looks a lot more fancy than anyone should give you credit for. If you’re the type who loves to follow your dinner with a light dessert and/or a cup of coffee (like me!), then Affogato is definitely something that you need to try. My favorite thing about it is just how easy it is, and there are lots of ways to customize the dessert to suit your cravings: you can swap the vanilla ice cream out for hazelnut or chocolate… throw in half a shot of liqueur for a little kick… or top it off with chocolate flakes or a swirl of caramel drizzle. We’re keeping it a little more simple this time with the classic recipe, but I’ll probably be getting a little more adventurous next time around
- 2 shots of Espresso or strongly-brewed Dark Roast Coffee
- 4 scoops of Vanilla Gelato or Ice Cream / Gelato
- Put 2 scoops of Gelato / Ice Cream in each Dessert Bowl
- Pour 1 shot of Espresso / Coffee over Ice Cream
- Serve Immediately - Bon Appetit!